IPFA Training: Tokyo: Understanding International Project Finance
Presentation & Q&A from
Yutaka Inaba, Director General
JAPAN BANK FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION (JBIC)
This Understanding International Project Finance programme is designed for contractors, operators, lenders, investors, equipment suppliers and advisers who want to understand how Project Finance is conducted outside Japan. The discussion will use PPP, power, transportation and LNG case studies drawn from developed and emerging markets to illustrate the application of risk management techniques used by project financiers. It covers procurement, risk management techniques, project contractual structure and finance structure used in International Project Finance. Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of the following:
- Current international project finance structures including the role of JBIC and NEXI
- Introduction to PPPs
- The range of risk management tools available to international project financiers
- Risk allocation and management of counterparty risk
- Familiarity with the range of documents used in international project finance
- Key issues in project and finance documents
- The role of the SPV
- Basic finance structure used to manage cashflows.
Who will benefit from this course?
- Those new to the industry wanting an understanding of how project finance is done outside of Japan
- Practitioners who have had some involvement in international project finance and want to understand the broader aspects of international project finance, and
- Experienced practitioners who are new to international project finance or seeking a refresh.
The course will be facilitated by Ian Greer, a leading practitioner in the international project finance market. Ian has spoken at JOI and IPFA events and delivered a number of project finance training programs in Japan. He has often visited Japan for business and has met with JBIC and the major Japanese banks on many occasions. Full details of our course instructor can be found via our website.
The course will be conducted in English and there will be group discussions that can take place in Japanese.
Training will take place in the form of interactive discussions, working groups and case studies. Detailed course materials will also be provided and each delegate will receive a certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course, plus 12.5 CPD points.
See full programme here.
[please scroll down to register your delegate place]
Multiple Bookings Discounts:
- 10% discount for two delegates
- 15% discount for three delegates
- 20% discount for four or more delegates
* applied to the total fee (please note these discounts will be reflected on the invoice)
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org