IPFA Americas: New York: If You Build It, Will They Come? A Look at Financing Renewable M&A Transactions in the US
To Register for this event, scroll to the bottom of this page and click 'Book'.
Presentation: What’s New in Renewable Energy Purchase and Sale Agreements?
A lively update on pricing methodology, risk allocation, reps and warranties, closing conditions and other terms that are in play in deals.
Panel: Deal or No Deal - Key Trends that Will Make or Break Renewable Energy M&A.
This panel will examine the key trends that will drive or impede growth in 2019, including:
Federal and state policy:
- With the tax credit step-downs approaching, how is development risk assessed? What premium is assigned to PTC safe harbored equipment? What value is placed on post-2020 projects in the pipeline?
- What are the state and local policies to keep in focus for pipeline growth and valuation: State renewable portfolio standards post-PG&E bankruptcy, community choice aggregation; offshore wind RFPs, and State energy storage mandates, financial incentives, and long-term resource planning mechanisms.
New equity investors:
- Who are the latest entrants in the sector? What is their cost of capital and return expectations for solar and wind? What are different drivers for M&A; what unconventional opportunities are available at project, portfolio and company levels?
Financing the acquisition:
- What are the latest trends in financing renewable energy acquisitions?
- Deep dive on unique issues in transactions involving storage, fuel cells, off-shore wind.
5.30pm Welcome & Introduction
Current Trends in Tax Equity
Amanda Rosenberg, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
Current Issues in Purchase and Sale Agreements
Kessar Nashat, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
6.20pm Panel Discussion: Deal or No Deal? Key Trends that Will Make or Break Renewable Energy M&A
Moderated by: Ikenna Emehelu, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright
Erica Egan, Senior Vice President, Helaba
Gijs Hofman, Managing Director, Rabobank
Ren Plastina, Power & Infrastructure Finance, Investec
Robert Schoenherr, Vice President, D.E. Shaw & Co.
Question & Answer Session
7.00pm Closing Remarks
7.10pm IPFA Update
Carmen Ogilvie, Operations Manager, IPFA
7.15pm Networking Drinks Reception Kindly Hosted by Norton Rose Fulbright