IPFA Europe: Madrid
Renewables Sector Outlook in Spain - Threats and Opportunities
Spain has to approve the new parameters for the next regulatory period:
- Could the new reasonable rate of return bring stability to the sector?
- Will there be refinancing opportunities?
The sector is facing a new reality with the development of new capacity with merchant risk:
- What are the risks and opportunities that investors see in merchant renewable energy projects in Spain and to what extent investors / lenders are comfortable with merchant risk?
- Has the market sufficient capacity for financing the pipeline of merchant projects in Spain?
- Will long term corporate PPAs (or any other alternative product) be a solution and what is the market capacity for PPAs?
At this IPFA event we will discuss these and other topics in a diverse panel comprising sector specialists as well as investors, sharing their observations. Join us to hear more on Spanish renewables outlook and regulatory framework as well as to receive first hand briefings on renewable energy projects from sector experts.
10.00 IPFA Update
José Cordovilla, Council Member, IPFA Spain
10.05 Welcome and Introduction
Alvaro Utrera, Head of EMEA Energy, Fitch Ratings
10.20 Introductory Presentation – Spanish Market and Renewables in the Generation Mix
Brian Gaylord, Principal Analyst – Latin America & Southern Europe, Wood Mackenzie
10.40 Panel Discussion & Q&A
Moderator: Alvaro Utrera, Head of EMEA Energy, Fitch Ratings
Jose Guardo, Partner, Clifford Chance
Nicolás Mazzoli, Managing Director | Investment Banking, Royal Bank of Canada
César Puentes Martín, CFA, Project & Acquisition Finance Iberia, Santander
Fernando Fernandez, Senior Manager Structured Finance, X-Elio Energy
Joao Paulo Costeira, Chief Development Officer of Renewable Energy, Repsol
Carlos Reyero, Chief Financial Officer, Forestalia
11.45 Closing Remarks
Yolanda Arnáiz, Business & Relationship Management Global Infrastructure Group, Fitch Ratings
11.50 Networking Drinks Reception kindly hosted by Fitch Ratings
This event will be held in Spanish.