Economic & Trade Impact of COVID-19 in Latin America
In recent weeks we have seen how Latin American countries have unevenly adopted measures to mitigate the effects of COVID-19. There is no doubt that many of these measures will paralyze wide economic sectors, meaning governments will need to take significant stimulating steps to boost their economies, maintain security and ensure social peace.
Join us as we discuss COVID-19’s impact on the region, the potential after-effects on projects and investments, and the corresponding stimulus packages.
- Is there a nationalization risk? Protection of foreign investments.
- Governments: fiscal measures, access to funds (subsidies) and ease payment obligations.
- Role of multilateral institutions.
- Force Majeure interpretation: is it applicable in this crisis?
- How can foreign investors contribute with Latam Governments in fighting COVID-19
- Jose Maria Viñals, Squire Patton Boggs (Moderator)
- Antonio Bonet, Spanish Exporters and Foreign Investors Club
- Eva Balleste Morilla, IE Business School
- Luis Villarroya, EPTISA
- Eduardo Mas, Deutsche Bank Spain
This webinar will take place at 16.00am CEST. Find your local time zone.
Can't join the live webinar?
Register now and we will send you a link to the recording as soon as it's available.