This webinar was originally due to take place as an event in Singapore in February 2020.
Energy from Waste: Trash or Treasure?
The urban population in Southeast Asia and South Asia is projected to rise significantly over the next 10 years, and this staggering growth places significant pressure on governments in the region to find adequate solutions for effective and environmentally responsible waste management and electricity generation. Using existing projects as case studies, we will look at the technical, commercial and legal structures of Waste to Energy (WTE) projects, whilst also exploring risk and responsibility allocation.
- What are the key conditions that make WTE projects appealing?
- What are some of the challenges that arise in the development of WTE projects?
- What are the technological advances in the WTE sector?
- Will WTE projects remain relevant with the upsurge in renewable projects?
- What are the current and future implications of COVID-19 on WTE developments and operations?
- Matthew Osborne, Partner, Project Development & Finance, White & Case
- David Ng, Principal, Global Infrastructure Advisory, KPMG
- Jeanne Soh, Head of Power & Infrastructure, Global Structured Finance, Asia, SMBC
- Peter Ian Mckelvie, Program Manager, WSP
- Andrew Clark, Partner and Head of Projects, Asia Pacific, White & Case
This webinar will take place at 4.00pm SGT. Find your local time zone.
Can't join the live webinar?
Register now and we will send you a link to the recording as soon as it's available.