Countdown to COP26 Webinar Series | Ep 4
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (…and Ships too!): Decarbonising Global Transport
Global carbon emissions from the transport sector account for almost a quarter of all global carbon emissions from energy. Reducing global transport carbon emissions is a big prize to win, but challenging one as economic growth leads to increases in passenger and freight activity. The opportunities for investors, sponsors, and financiers in meeting this challenge are equally huge. The transport sector spans road, rail, aviation, and maritime sectors and is a truly global challenge. But the prize also creates opportunities to improve air quality, reduce GHG emissions, and mobility benefits for the consumer.
Against the backdrop of COP26, our esteemed panel discusses the challenges and opportunities available to the infrastructure and project finance community in decarbonising global transport through a combination of policy, regulation, technological innovation, and finance.
- Moderator: Mark Richards, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
- Bob Moran, Deputy Director, Head of Environment Strategy, Department for Transport, UK
- Gayatri (Guy) Desai, Managing Director, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, London
- Graeme Cooper, Head Future Markets - Transport Decarbonisation, National Grid
- Maria Bengtsson, Partner, Valuation, Modelling and Economics, EY
- Frank Thorpe, Managing Director, BYD (UK) Co Ltd
This webinar will take place at 7.30am New York | 12:30pm London | 3.30pm Dubai. Find your local time zone.
Can't join the live webinar?
Register now and we will send you a link to the recording as soon as it's available.
This webinar is part of the Countdown to COP26 webinar series. Browse the full series.