Belgium Webinar | Clean Hydrogen – Project Challenges and Bottlenecks
Clean hydrogen is part of a group of technologies that need to be deployed to accelerate decarbonisation and is being considered as an opportunity to reshape several national industrial sectors, in a recovery perspective after the COVID-19 pandemic.
The momentum exists along the entire value chain and is creating cost reductions in production, transmission, and end-use cases alike. However, live projects and discussions with stakeholders show that various challenges need to be tackled.
- The application of clean hydrogen within hard to abate sectors of the economy in general and the transportation sector in particular
- Necessary evolution from a "structured market" to an H2-ecosystem with examples in the Belgian market of innovative pilot projects aimed at kick starting green hydrogen applications within existing energy clusters
- Project risk, lack of midstream regulation and price
- Key upstream issues (e.g. procurement model and performance guarantees)
- Patrice Viaene, Senior Associate, Clifford Chance (Moderator)
- Philippe Baert, Associate, Clifford Chance
- Jasmin Kaboni-Voit, Head of Regulatory & Subsidy Management Hydrogen, RWE Generation
- Ben Kelly, Senior Thematic Analyst, Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Bert van der Toorn, Senior Investment Officer, European Investment Bank (EIB)
This webinar will take place at 10.00am CEST. Find your local time zone.
Can't join the live webinar?
Register now and we will send you a link to the recording as soon as it's available.