IPFA Middle East | The UAE’s Journey to Net Zero by 2050
Our in-person networking events are back! Join us for our first event of the year in Dubai where we will explore challenges, opportunities, and other areas of consideration to achieve the UAE’s journey to Net Zero by 2050. Our expert panel will comprise representatives from financial and private sector stakeholders.
The UAE Net Zero by 2050 strategic initiative is a national drive to achieve net-zero emissions by 2050, making the Emirates the first Middle East and North Africa (MENA) nation to do so. Following this announcement and other commitments made by the UAE at COP26, it will be necessary for all stakeholders (Federal, Emirate and private) to come together to deliver this.
The Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (MOCCAE) has been mandated to lead and coordinate efforts to achieve meeting Net Zero by 2050 and will ensure collaboration at national level to fulfil this objective. Meeting Net Zero will require a new range of policies affecting all levels of the economy.
- Tim Armsby, Partner , Pinsent Masons (Moderator)
- Stephan Gobert, Senior Vice President, Hydrogen AMEA at ENGIE AMEA
- Jacobus Nieuwenhuijze, CEO and Principal Consultant, LR Consultants
- Rehan Razzak, VP Finance, Regional Head of Controlling, Business Line Head of Finance, Siemens
- Laughlan Waterston, Managing Director, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Middle East Division
- Catherine Workman, Partner, Pinsent Masons
Event format: In-person briefing; panel discussion followed by a networking reception.
Address: Hyde Hotel Dubai, Business Bay
Event and networking drinks reception kindly hosted by Pinsent Masons.