Practical Solutions to Improve Sustainability in Data Centres
Global emissions from data centres currently exceed those from commercial aviation, with estimates ranging from 2.5% to 3.7% of all global greenhouse emissions. As the market continues to grow at pace, this seminar will provide interesting perspectives from leading figures across the sector on how data centres can become more sustainable and reduce emissions. Whilst the issue is big, there are a broad range of practical solutions which are becoming more viable all the time. We will discuss how to improve data centre sustainability across construction, financing, hardware, software and energy solutions, providing an honest assessment of where the industry is at the moment and what the next steps are.
Topics that will be covered include:
- Corporate PPAs models for a renewable energy supply
- Utilising waste heat in district heating networks and industrial processes
- Coding to improve processing efficiency and lower emissions
- Using green loans to finance data centres
- The latest construction and design methods to improve efficiency
- Holistic approaches to sustainability
- What are the practical next steps?
Speakers to be announced soon
Format: In-person briefing, panel dicsussion followed by an evening of networking
Address: Bird & Bird LLP, 12 New Fetter Lane, London