IPFA Continental Europe
Powering Change: Opportunities for Investment in Energy Transition in Belgium
Energy transition is one of the core pillars of the European Green Deal and a key area of focus of policymakers across the European Union. The European Commission adopted a set of proposals to make the EU's climate, energy, transport and taxation policies fit for reducing net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels. The energy sector's shift from fossil-based systems of energy production and consumption to renewable energy sources like wind and solar will require unprecedented investment in renewables technologies in Europe. Join us as we discuss what challenges and opportunities various renewables technologies are faced with in Belgium and how investors can contribute to power the change in energy production and consumption.
- Laurens Cools, Managing Associate, Linklaters (Moderator)
- Lothar Van Driessche, Managing Associate, Linklaters (Moderator)
- Guillaume Bregentzer, Head of Strategy, Regulatory & Transversal, ENGIE Flex Generation Europe
- Nico Buedts, Senior Development Manager Offshore, Jan De Nul
- Stephanie Dobbelaere, Investment Director, Energy Transition, TINC Development Partners
- Tom Feys, Member of the Executive Committee, FPIM (Federale Participatiemaastschappij)
- Gerald Koch, BD Director Energy Transition & Digital Infrastructure, Invesis
- Dennis Schiricke, CEO, SemperPower
Registration & networking: 4:30pm
Discussion begins: 5pm
Format: In-person briefing; 1 keynote address and panel discussion followed by a networking reception.
Address: Linklaters Offices, rue Brederode 13, B-1000 Brussels