Executive Breakfast Roundtable: Sir John Armitt & James Heath, National Infrastructure Commission
We are delighted to welcome Sir John Armitt, Chair and James Heath, CEO, of the National Infrastructure Commission, to speak at our next in-person Executive Breakfast Roundtable in London.
Preparing for the Second National Infrastructure Assessment
Later this autumn, the National Infrastructure Commission will publish the UK’s second National Infrastructure Assessment. This landmark report will set out key priorities for government to help ensure the UK is ready to meet the challenges and opportunities of the next 30 years, costed within a budgetary envelope set by HM Treasury. Hear from the Commission directly on some of the emerging themes of the Assessment, and how it will support levelling up, reaching net zero and boosting climate resilience. Specific areas of discussion include:
- The role of policy stability in attracting private investment, and how the Commission will seek to encourage this.
- Supporting economic growth effectively by tackling urban congestion and improving inter-regional links, while meeting decarbonisation objectives.
- Planning system reform and other policy steps needed to crowd in investment in low carbon flexible energy generation projects, and future transmission networks for hydrogen and carbon capture and storage (CCS).
- The need for increased investment in water infrastructure to face growing pressures, and how other infrastructure sectors can be supported to deliver better asset management in the face of a changing climate.
Registration & prompt start: 8.15am
Format: A networking breakfast session with keynote followed by an interactive roundtable discussion.
Please note, space is limited and must adhere to the below criteria:
- C-level, Directors and Partners
- 1 place per company
If you are interested in attending, please register your interest today and IPFA will contact you to advise if a space is available.
Location: SMBC Bank International plc, 100 Liverpool Street, London EC2M 2AT, United Kingdom