Mobilizing Capital for South-Southeast Asia's Renewable Energy Sector -
Are there relevant insights from India’s renewables rollout?
The successful deployment of renewables in South-Southeast Asia (SSEA) markets is key to APAC’s carbon transition. While India has made good progress, renewable development in the rest of key South-Southeast Asia markets has been slow. What were the key successes and challenges behind the renewable rollout in India, and can these learnings help accelerate renewable development in other emerging renewable markets in SSEA? Join our expert panel as we delve into these issues and what is needed to drive the growth of renewable energy in these markets.
- Why is a broad-based renewable rollout, including emerging renewable markets, crucial to a successful carbon transition for APAC?
- What were the key successes and challenges behind the renewable rollout in India?
- How do the credit issues faced by developers in new markets compare to those in India? Can the experiences gained in India be applied to these new markets?
- Spencer Ng, Moody's (Moderator)
- Allard Nooy, President South & Southeast Asia, Fortescue Future Industries
- Shi Lei Huang, Director - Project Finance, MUFG Bank
- Mukta Malhotra, Senior Infrastructure Finance Specialist, Global Infrastructure Facility, World Bank Group
- Girishkumar Kadam, Senior Vice President, Moody’s Investors Service (on secondment from ICRA)
Registration & networking: 3.30pm
Discussion begins: 4.00pm
Format: In-person briefing; panel discussion followed by a networking reception.
Address: Moody’s, 71 Robinson Rd, Singapore