Global Webinar | 30 MINUTES WITH... 2024 Geopolitical Risks -What is the Impact on Infrastructure Investment?
"Please note a Full or Honorary membership level is required to access this webinar. If you have any queries regarding IPFA membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org"
Last year, businesses encountered a remarkable array of geopolitical tensions; from Russia-NATO and US-China relations to the unexpected Middle East conflicts and the Red Sea crisis. 2024 is also the world's biggest election year ever, the results of which will have significant implications for years ahead.
Join our expert panel as we identify the key events and trends for investors to monitor; their impact on infrastructure projects, and guidance on how to manage risks and opportunities on an increasingly fragmented global stage.
- Understanding the nature of geopolitical risk and how we expect the risk to evolve in the next 1-5 years
- Current tensions or flashpoints that may lead to bigger geopolitical issues, and how can investors manage their implications
- Geopolitical competition and localisation as the two megatrends that will shape global business
- Implications for infrastructure projects, particularly for foreign investment into these projects and investment retreating from emerging markets
- How are geopolitical risks influencing policy on infrastructure development?
- Seréna Pilkington, Associate Analyst, Control Risks (Moderator)
- Naa-Aku Jäätma, Senior Economist – Africa & Middle East, SMBC
- Marija Simpraga, Infrastructure Strategist, LGIM
- Eunice Tan, Managing Director, Head of Credit Research, Asia-Pacific Lead, S&P Global
This webinar is part of our global webinar series 30 MINUTES WITH... where we explore the latest developments in infrastructure investment worldwide.
This webinar will take place at 9am GMT. Find your local time zone.
Can't join the live webinar? Register now and we will send you a link to view the recording as soon as it's available